DIY Easy 2 Ingredient Body Butter
Posted on August 06 2020
Everyone loves the feeling of their skin being smooth and thoroughly conditioned after using their favorite body moisturizer. Well, what if I told you that you could create your own body butter that’s good enough to gift to friends and family? We’re here to tell you that’s completely possible, and it’s much easier than you may think. Also, we made this recipe even easier by not requiring the use of a stove. You can thank us later!
- ¾ cup of all-natural shea butter (About $5 for 8oz.)
- ¼ cup of organic coconut oil (About $6 for 14oz.)
*All average prices were found on Amazon.
- A microwave
- A freezer
- One medium-sized bowl with a lid
- A large bowl
- A traditional whisk or electric whisk
- Colorful ziplock pouches
- Oven mitts
- Stickers, optional
- Fill your large bowl halfway with water.
- Place your bowl of water in the microwave for three to five minutes, depending on the wattage of your microwave.
- With your oven mitts on, carefully remove the hot bowl of water from the microwave.
- Gather your shea butter and coconut oil.
- Place your sealed container of shea butter into the hot water.
- Let it sit inside the hot water for about 20 minutes or until it completely turns into liquid. (Fun Fact: Shea butter naturally melts at around 104 degrees Fahrenheit and solidifies at room temperature.)
- Remove the shea butter once it has completely liquefied and carefully transfer the shea liquid into the medium-sized bowl.
- Repeat steps 5 through 7 for your sealed container of coconut oil.
- At this point, your melted shea butter and coconut oil should be in the same medium-sized bowl.
- Cover the medium-sized bowl with its lid and place it in your freezer for about 20 minutes so the mixture can solidify.
- Take the bowl out of the freezer.
- Use your traditional or electric whisk to whip up the mixture for about five minutes or until it starts becoming really fluffy.
- Once the mixture looks very whipped, creamy, and lightweight, you have the finished product.
- Transfer your body butter into your flat ziplock pouch(es) for a nice presentation.
- Label the pouch(es) with the name(s) of the receiver(s) of your gift with a marker. Add stickers for even more creativity. (Tip: The body butter can last for about three months.)
See? It’s so simple that just about anyone can do it. In addition, shea butter and coconut oil can be found just about anywhere, such as beauty supply stores and health food stores. Did you try this recipe? Will you be trying this recipe? Let us know by commenting below, and share with your friends and family while you’re at it!
Easy Work From Home...
Virtual Happy Hour Margarita Kit When you work from home, you can miss out on some of the best parts of the office setting. The in-person communic...Read More
Best Family Cooking...
How to Make Rice Balls Family recipes are special. A food recipe passed down from one generation to the next creates a bond between everyone who m...Read More
How to Make Chocola...
Making Chocolate Covered Mint Bites If you are looking for a cool and refreshing food to snack on, then consider this recipe for QQ Studio’s Choco...Read More