How To Make Hot Apple Cider
On a cool fall evening, what’s better than a tall glass of hot apple cider? What if I told you that instead of paying for it elsewhere, you can make it right in the comfort of your own home? Of course, there are versions of apple cider you can make in a Keurig. However, nothing compares to using real fruit ingredients to achieve the perfect taste. We’re here to introduce a recipe that we can’t get enough of. Without further ado, here’s a breakdown of what you need to know about making the best homemade apple cider around.
Before we get ahead of ourselves, let’s make sure that we have the right ingredients for the job. The essentials you’ll need are limited and cost-efficient! The list goes as follows:
- Fresh Apples
- Maple syrup or brown sugar
- Warming Spices (this includes nutmeg, cinnamon sticks, fresh ginger, whole cloves, etc.)
In terms of proportion sizes per ingredient, this will vary depending on how much cider you are trying to make and for how many people. Keep in mind that apples should be the most prominent ingredient because it is apple cider after all!
Time to Make it!
Now that you have everything you need to make this tasty autumn beverage, it’s time to put it all together! If you plan on preparing the cider on a stovetop, use a stockpot to place your ingredients inside.
- First, slice the apples into moderate-sized pieces and add to the pot, followed by the peeled or whole oranges and spices of your choosing.
- Fill the pot with water until there is about 1-2 inches of room at the top of the stockpot.
- Turn the stove heat to high until the cider simmers, then reduce heat.
- Let the cider simmer until the apples turn soft. This may take a couple of hours.
- Mash the apples and oranges to the side of the pot to the best of your ability. Then, cover the pot to allow simmering a bit longer.
- Use a fine-mesh strainer to strain out all of the non-liquid ingredients.
- Add syrup of brown sugar to stir in.
There you have it! To learn more about how to prepare this awesome cider recipe, be sure to check out this blog.
Store in Our Pouches
At QQ Studio, we have the perfect packaging to store your new favorite hot beverage. Great for carrying on the go and avoiding messy spills, our bottle pouch collection are the bags for you. To fill the bottle pouch, place a properly sized funnel into the nozzle and pour the cider. These pouches come with a bottom gusset that allows for higher capacities of liquid to be stored inside. The spout on the pouches are perfect for drinking and pouring out of, or filling the bags!
How Do You Like These Apples?
We hope that you enjoyed making this hot cider recipe as much as we enjoyed telling you about it. We would love to hear about your experiences in the comment section below. We have other super easy recipes to follow at home too! If you like this blog, check out our other blog on DIY hummus recipes.