DIY Organic Honey Lip Scrub
Posted on September 03 2020
If you’re thinking of what gift to get someone, then consider getting them a homemade gift. It’s easy to purchase a gift from a store or online, but being able to make your own gift is empowering and easier than you may think. Today, we’ll be giving our loved ones the gift of organic homemade lip scrub.
Whether it is cold or warm outside, moisturized lips will always be in style. One of the best feelings comes from having freshly exfoliated lips. Afterward, lip gloss and lipstick application will be much easier, smoother, and satisfying.
Each ingredient in this recipe is handpicked because they benefit your lips in a different way. Honey is a humectant, so it attracts and maintains moisture from the air. Jojoba oil is an emollient, so it moisturizes and softens the lips. Peppermint oil has a very minty scent, so your lips and breath will smell fresh. Finally, white sugar is the star of the show because it will exfoliate away chapped and dead skin on your lips to reveal baby soft lips!
- One teaspoon of jojoba oil, for moisture (About $6 for 1oz.)
- Two tablespoons of organic white sugar, for exfoliation (About $5 for 32oz.)
- Eight drops of peppermint essential oil, for fragrance (About $8 for 0.5oz.)
- Two tablespoons of organic honey, for moisture (About $7 for 16oz.)
* Average prices were found on Target.com
*These measurements will yield about two ounces of lip scrub. Feel free to multiply this recipe to create more of this lip scrub to gift to multiple people!
- A mixing bowl
- One tablespoon
- One teaspoon
- Designed flat QuickQlick™ pouches (We recommend the 10x15cm size!)
- Gather all of your ingredients.
- Place the sugar in your mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to your mixing bowl and mix them well with your tablespoon.
- For gift storage, carefully scoop your lip scrub mixture from the mixing bowl to the flat QuickQlick™ pouches. Only fill the pouches about half of the way. (Tip: Be sure to avoid getting the lip scrub on the bag.)
- Seal the pouches and store them in your refrigerator until you are ready to give them out.
Applying What You’ve Learned
Take our recipe and go make the best homemade lip scrub you can. Friends and loved ones will be amazed by this thoughtful and well-made gift. You will be amazed by how smooth and fresh this scrub will leave your lips. See our recipe on homemade bath bombs if you’re interested in making more organic beauty products that will leave you feeling revitalized.
Easy Work From Home...
Virtual Happy Hour Margarita Kit When you work from home, you can miss out on some of the best parts of the office setting. The in-person communic...Read More
Best Family Cooking...
How to Make Rice Balls Family recipes are special. A food recipe passed down from one generation to the next creates a bond between everyone who m...Read More
How to Make Chocola...
Making Chocolate Covered Mint Bites If you are looking for a cool and refreshing food to snack on, then consider this recipe for QQ Studio’s Choco...Read More