Mediterranean Diet Recipe - Fresh Fruit Salad
Posted on August 20 2020
Being on the Mediterranean diet can be very fulfilling and enjoyable. You’re able to eat very healthily while not completely cutting out fats. In addition, a lot of the foods within this diet are savory and delicious.
The Mediterranean diet is heavily based on seafood and vegetables. This may make it difficult to think of any good snacks to have. Thankfully, another food group that is emphasized is fruits. Eating fruits every day is important to your health, so we created a recipe that will allow you to snack prep a yummy fruit salad snack for five days straight. This will save you time in the morning and decrease the temptation to purchase unhealthy snacks throughout the week.
- One pound of fresh strawberries, sliced (About $5)
- Two fresh whole peaches, sliced (About $1.50 each)
- One fresh mango, sliced (About $1.20 each)
- Three tablespoons of pineapple juice (About $3 for 46 fl. oz.)
- One teaspoon of lemon juice to keep fruits fresh, optional (About $2.50 for 15 fl. oz.)
- One knife
- One large bowl with a lid
- One peeler
- Five food containers
- Rinse your mango, peaches, and strawberries with water.
- Use your peeler to remove the skin from your mango and your peaches. Discard the skin.
- Use your knife to cut the leaf off of the strawberry. Continue to slice your strawberries lengthwise down the middle into three slices.
- Slice your peaches in half and remove the pit. Continue to cut each half of the peaches lengthwise. Cut these pieces in half if you want smaller pieces.
- Cut the mango in half lengthwise and remove the pit. Continue to cut each half of the mango first vertically and then horizontally.
- Place the sliced strawberries, peaches, and mango chunks into a large bowl.
- Add three tablespoons of pineapple juice and one teaspoon of lemon juice (optional) to the mixture of fruits in the large bowl.
- Seal the bowl with its lid and lightly toss the contents of the bowl to evenly distribute the juice(s). Remove the lid.
- Divide your fruit salad among five well-sealed food containers.
- Place them in your fridge to keep the fruit salad chilled and fresh.
- Enjoy over the next five days!
Kick it Up a NotchFeel free to incorporate some protein by preparing a little pack of almonds, pumpkin seeds, or sunflower seeds to go with your healthy fruit salad. Purchase the nuts in bulk and keep them safe in dark and dry places for prolonged storage. When you're ready to eat them, use smaller bags such as our reusable 202 bags, to bring small portions with you each time. This will help to keep your health in check all while keeping your wallet unscathed. Happy snacking!
How Your Business C...
How Your Business Can Survive and Thrive During the Holiday Season The holiday rush can act as a litmus test for your company. It can show if you ...Read More
Easy Work From Home...
Virtual Happy Hour Margarita Kit When you work from home, you can miss out on some of the best parts of the office setting. The in-person communic...Read More
Best Family Cooking...
How to Make Rice Balls Family recipes are special. A food recipe passed down from one generation to the next creates a bond between everyone who m...Read More